Paper Party Hat
Parental supervision is recommended
Celebrate in style with this simple to make paper party hat. This craft is especially fun for kids around New Year's or any other hat-wearing occasion.
What you'll need:
- Pattern (see below)
- Construction paper in any color
- Confetti, sequins, lace, any kind of decorations
- Elastic string
How to make it:
Note: Finished cut-out size is roughly 12" tip to tip and 7" tall.
- Print out the Party Hat pattern. This requires Acrobat Reader, built-in to newer browsers. Click here to get it.
- Trace the pattern on construction paper, flip the hat over on the fold line and trace the rest of the hat. (The full pattern could not fit on one piece of paper.)
- Cut out the hat.
- Squirt some glue onto the front of the hat.
- Sprinkle on confetti, sequins, or other decorations.
- Let dry.
- Curve your hat into a cone shape. Tape or staple closed.
- Staple one end of elastic string to the side of the hat.
- Try the hat on the child and stretch the elastic under their chin to the other side of the hat. Note: Make sure it's not too tight!!!
- Cut the elastic string, then staple the second end to the hat.
- Have fun at your New Years Party!
Give this hat a few hours to dry before wearing it.
You can use poster board rather than construction paper but it is a lot stiffer and harder to work with. Also, tTape will not hold poster board very well.