Paper Plate Bluebird Nest
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Celebrate spring with this adorable bluebird nest full of eggs! Can't you just hear her tweeting?
What you'll need:
- Paper plate
- Felt: light blue, aqua blue, orange, brown, green
- American moss, raffia or Spanish moss
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Cut out 6 egg shapes from the light blue felt. Glue them in a pile to the paper plate. (See photos.)
- Pipe glue around the eggs in the shape of a nest. (See photos.)
- Add American moss to the glue to create the nest. (See photos.)
- Cut out the bird body from aqua blue felt and the bird's chest from orange from the pattern. Cut out the beak from brown and glue all the pieces together.
- Glue the bird to the nest.
- Cut out branch from brown felt and several leaves from green felt all cut from the pattern. (See photos.)
- Glue the branch to the right side of the paper plate and add some leaves.
- Add a couple leaves and a small branch to the left side of the plate as well.
- Felt is inexpensive and perfect for a large variety of projects, be sure to keep plenty on hand.
- American moss and Spanish moss are available at your local craft store.
- Add a fun phrase to the top of your plate such as "Welcome Spring" and glue a piece of yarn to the back to hang it up!