Paper Plate Ghost
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
This cute ghost makes a great door decoration for Halloween! Make it even simpler by simply drawing on the facial features with crayons or markers.
Be sure to visit all of our other ghostly crafts, scary printables, fabulous costume ideas and these spook-tackular Halloween recipes! As well, explore our fall crafts, our great fall recipes and printable activities.
What you'll need:
- 9" paper plate
- Black construction paper
- White construction paper
- Black and pink markers
- Glue stick
- White crepe paper streamers
- 12" piece of white yarn
How to make it:
- From the pattern, cut two large ovals from black paper and two small ovals from white paper. (See photo.)
- Use glue stick to attach the white ovals to the black ovals. Use a black marker to add pupils to the white ovals. (See photo.)
- Using the pattern cut two arms from white paper and the mouth from black paper.
- Glue the facial features to the front of the paper plate. Glue the arms to the back of the paper plate. (See photo.)
- Cut crepe paper into five strips, 24 inches long each. Glue crepe paper to the back of the paper plate so that they hang down from the bottom. (See photo.)
- Add cheeks with pink marker and eyebrows with the black marker. (See photo.)
- Fold yarn in half and tape the open ends to the back of the plate for the hanger.
- This can be simplified by having kids draw the face on with black crayons or markers. Simple filled in circles work great for eyes and mouth.
- Try different facial patterns yourself by drawing mouths with teeth, smiley faces, or whatever you like.
- Instead of crepe paper, try lengths of yarn for the body.