Paper Plate Jack-O'-Lantern
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
This cute pumpkin is really easy to make and is a great decoration for your door or window. Make several with different faces and hang all over the entrance to greet trick or treaters!
What you'll need:
- Mini paper plate
- Orange acrylic craft paint
- Yellow craft foam
- Green craft foam
- Brown craft foam
How to make it:
- Place the paper plate upside down on your work surface and paint it orange. Set aside to dry and repeat with a second coat if needed.
- Cut out facial shapes (triangles for eyes and a mouth with a few missing teeth) and glue to the plate.
- Use scissors to trim the plate into a pumpkin-like shape. Do this by cutting a dip in the top where the stem would be and trim the bottom to flatten it a bit.
- Cut two simple oval-shaped leaves from green craft foam and glue to back of the plate at the top of the pumpkin.
- Cut a simple rectangular stem from brown craft foam and glue to the back of the plate, between the leaves.