Paper Plate Mother's Day Card
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Make a sweet card for Mom out of a simple paper plate. She will love you for it!
What you'll need:
- Paper plate
- Construction paper: pink, yellow, purple, green, light blue
- Black marker
- Pen or pencil
- Glue stick
How to make it:
- Fold paper plate in half. Fold a sheet of light blue construction paper in half and place folded paper plate on to the paper. Trace around the plate and set aside. (See photo.)
- Print out flower pattern. Trace pattern onto yellow, pink, and purple construction paper. Cut out flowers. Cut 3 strips of green paper, ½" x 4". (See photo.)
- Glue stems and flowers to the folded paper plate. Trim stems. (See photo.)
- Use black marker to write "m o m" on the flowers, one letter on each flower. (See photo.)
- Take the folded blue paper with the paper plate outline and draw a curvy line along the inside of the curved edge. (See photo.)
- Cut out the curvy piece, cutting through the folded paper, creating two identical pieces. (See photo.)
- Glue the blue curvy pieces to the outside of the front of the card and the bottom of the inside of the card. Let everything dry. (See photos 1, 2.)
- Use plain paper plates – the paper will not stick as well to plates with a waxy coating.
- Buy a package of paper plates at the dollar store to use just for craft projects.
- Keep plenty of construction paper on hand for impromptu projects.