Paper Plate Noise Maker
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Get into the New Year’s celebration with this fun and festive paper plate noise maker for kids. Easy to make and fun to decorate!
For more activities, be sure to visit our main New Year's page. Don't forget to check out our New Year's crafts, recipes, clip art and coloring pages. Also check our Chinese New Year page for more holiday fun!
What you'll need:
- Miniature paper plate
- Colorful paper streamers or tissue paper
- Craft jewels, large and medium
- Peach craft paint (optional)
- White craft glue or hot glue gun
- Beans or beads
How to make it:
- If you like, paint the paper plate with peach paint. Let dry.
- Fold paper plate in half to find center. Make a crease that you can see and unfold.
- Place paper plate onto work surface. Cut streamers or tissue paper into thin strips about 4-5” long.
- Glue the strips to the rim of the plate, only on one side (see your crease) leaving most of the strip sticking out. The glued end of the strips will be on the inside of the plate once folded. Glue colors in an alternating pattern.
- Fold the plate and place a handful of beans or beads inside. Glue the plate closed.
- Decorate the outside of the plate with craft jewels.
- You can purchase craft jewels in variety bags at your local craft supply store.
- Make decorating this craft easier by using stickers instead of craft jewels, a great option for smaller children.
- Save leftover crepe paper streamers from birthday parties for future craft projects.
More Holiday Fun