Paper Plate Obama Symbol
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
What you'll need:
- Paper plate (we used a 9" plate)
- Red and blue acrylic paint
How to make it:
- Print out Obama "O" pattern to the appropriate size.
- Draw pattern onto paper plate lightly in pencil.
- The center of the plate remains white.
- Paint the upper border of the plate with blue paint according to the pattern.
- Paint the three stripes red.
- Allow to dry completely.
- This craft can also be enjoyed by the younger set. Simply change out the paint for crayons or markers!
- Make this into a paper fan by attaching a jumbo craft stick to the bottom.
- Discuss with children the significance of the logo. What does it look like? Is it a rising sun over a field?
- To add a date to this craft, use glitter glue to write the year in the center.