Paper Plate Rabbit
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Make a fun bunny with movable legs out of a paper plate! This is a great project for Chinese New Year when the Year of the Rabbit comes around.
What you'll need:
- 9-inch paper plate
- Brown craft paint
- Cotton ball
- Small pink pom-pom
- Medium-sized wiggle eye
- 2 paper fasteners
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Turn the paper plate face down and color the back with brown paint. Let dry. (See photo.)
- Cut the paper plate in half, and then trim off an additional inch from one half along the straight cut edge.
- Using the pattern as a guide, cut out the head, legs, and ear pieces from the other half of the painted paper plate. Position the back leg over the bottom right side of the body. Holding the body and leg piece together, poke the tip of a pen through the pieces, and then insert a paper fastener. Repeat this step with the front leg as well. (See photo.)
- Attach the head to the back of the body using tape. Attach the ears to the back of the head using tape.
- Glue cotton ball on as tail and the pink pom-pom on as the nose. Attach the wiggle eye using white glue as well.
- When cutting out the leg and ear pieces, use the natural curve of the paper plates.
- A white pom-pom or a white construction paper circle can be used in place of the cotton ball.
- Craft foam can also be used to substitute for nose and tail supplies.