Paper Plate Soccer Plaque
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Is your kid a soccer fan? Make this fun wall hanging for his/her room that can sport your child's favorite team's colors.
What you'll need:
- Paper plate
- Red craft paint
- Black crayon
- Glue stick
- 12" piece of white yarn
- 24" yellow crepe paper streamer
- Medium pom-poms, 6 each color: red, yellow, black
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint the paper plate red and let dry. (See photo.)
- Print and cut out the soccer ball pattern. Color the shaded areas black with a crayon. Trace the joining lines as well. (See photo.)
- Cover the back of the soccer ball with a glue stick and attach to the center of the paper plate. (See photo.)
- Attach the yarn as a hanger to the back of the plate using tape. (See photo.)
- Cut the streamer into two pieces, one a little bit longer than the other. Set the longer strip aside. Cut 1/3 of the width off the remaining strip to give you two strips of equal length. One strip should be thin and the other wide.
- Tape the longest, widest strip to the back of the plate, in the center. Tape the two medium width strips on either side of the widest, then finally, tape the thin strips on either side of the medium strips. When taping the strips on, vary the lengths that will show from the front. (See photo.)
- Turn the plate right side up and using white glue, attach pom-poms around the border of the plate, about an inch or so apart, alternating colors as you go. (See photo.)
- If you would like to make this project a little more challenging, before painting the plate, transfer the pattern to the plate, color the ball with markers, then paint the remaining border red.
- For a fancier result, you can pipe a border of gold glitter glue around the soccer ball.
- Buy extra boxes of crayons when they go on sale to have on hand.