Elijah’s Cup Place Card
By: Kathy Ross
Age: 6 to 9
Make an Elijah place card holder for each person at your Passover table.
What you'll need:
- Three pony beads
- Half-inch flat button
- Three-quarter-inch red glass gem
- Aluminum foil
- Silver rick-rack
- Blue construction paper
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Glue the three pony beads together to form the stem for the cup.
- Glue the button to one end of the stack of pony beads to form the base for the cup.
- Glue the red gem to the top of the stack of pony beads for the wine in the cup.
- Fold a sheet of foil in half so that it is shiny on both sides then cut a 4-inch square from the foil.
- Set the base of the cup in the center of the foil square and bring the sides up over the base and stem of the cup to cover them. Squeeze the foil so that it takes on the shape of the base and stem of the cup.
- Trim the top edges of the foil around the red gem so that the foil becomes the outside of the cup.
- Cut a 2 by 3 ½-inch rectangle from the blue construction paper for the place card.
- Glue a strip of silver rick-rack across the bottom of the card to decorate it.
- Glue the cup in the top, left corner of the card.
- Use the marker to write a name on the card.
Finding supplies. You can find bags of glass gems in the plant section of many stores. They are often used to add color to a clear glass vase, while supporting plant and flower stems.
Decorate it. You might want to glue some tiny sequins or craft jewels to the outside of the cup.