Passover T-shirt Pillow
By: Kathy Ross
Age: 6 and up, though small children can help with finishing touches
Make a special pillow from t-shirts for the leader of your Seder to recline on.
What you'll need:
- Large t-shirt
- Two rubber bands
- One-pound bag of fiberfill
- Four artificial flowers
- Large sequins, beads or craft gems
- Blue felt
- Trim or rick-rack
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Turn the sleeves of the shirt inside the shirt.
- Close the neck opening of the shirt using one of the rubber bands.
- Stuff the inside of the shirt with the fiberfill.
- Close the bottom of the shirt with the second rubber band.
- Tie a ribbon in a bow around each rubber band.
- Turn the pillow so that the ribbons are on each side.
- Pull the heads off the artificial flowers and separate the layers of petals.
- Cut a simple vase shape for the flowers from the felt.
- Choose about eight single flowers from the layers to arrange on the front of the pillow at the top of the vase.
- Glue the vase and flowers to the front of the pillow.
- Glue a strip of trim across the vase to decorate it.
- Glue a sequin, bead or craft gem in the center of each flower.
Add some color. For a more colorful pillow choose a colored t-shirt.
Save your shirt. If you need to give the shirt back after Passover, attach your decorations with washable school glue instead of craft glue.