Patriotic Parade Stick
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet blue construction paper
- 24” strip red crepe paper streamer
- 24” strip white crepe paper streamer
- Star shaped stickers
How to make it:
- Roll blue construction paper into a tight cone and tape closed.
- Cut each crepe paper strip into 3 parts of equal length. Next, cut strips in half lengthwise, creating two thin strips from each regular strip. You should end up with six strips of each color.
- Place a small piece of tape at the end of one of the red strips. Press the tape inside the top of the cone. Repeat this step using a white strip. Repeat for remaining strips, alternating between red and white, work your way around the top of the cone so that your streamers are equally distributed.
- Decorate strips and cone with star stickers.
- To make a sturdier parade stick, try using card stock or poster board for the handle.
- Get stickers from the dollar store or check the clearance racks at the craft supply or discount department store.
- Allow children to be creative by decorating with other items such as gems and glitter glue.