Handheld Ribbon Streamers
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids will have fun at parades and other celebrations with these handheld ribbon streamers. With just a few strands of ribbon you can create an accessory that looks cool when kids run or dance with it.
For more great crafts create, visit our Summer Crafts section.
What you'll need:
- Paper towel roll tube
- Tacky glue
- Roll of red ribbon
- Roll of blue ribbon
- Roll of white ribbon
- Roll of striped red, white, and blue ribbon
- Hole punch
- Measuring tape, ruler, or yardstick
How to make it:
- Wrap the striped red, white, and blue ribbon around the paper towel tube, applying tacky glue under the ribbon as you work. You can wrap the ribbon at an angle or horizontally, whatever you prefer.
- After ribbon is applied and glue has dried, punch 9 holes in the bottom of the paper towel tube with the hole punch.
- Cut three strips of red ribbon that are 46 inches long.
- Cut three strips of blue ribbon that are 46 inches long.
- Cut three strips of white ribbon that are 46 inches long.
- Tie a knot in the top of each strip of ribbon.
- Pull each of the strips through the holes so the knot is on the inside
of the tube.
If you can't find striped red, white, and blue ribbon, you can wrap around individual strips of red, white, and blue ribbon.