Peacock Valentine’s Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Show off your crafting skills with this attention-grabbing Valentine's Day greeting. This card makes the most of the dramatic look of peacock feathers!
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Also check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- Aquamarine-colored glitter glue
- White cardstock
- Peacock feathers (note: you can find these at craft stores)
- Black scrap paper
- 1/4"x 28" lime ribbon
- Small black beads (2)
- Glue gun
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Cutout
- Cut out peacock card pattern with white cardstock.
- Cut out beak with black paper.
- Cut piece of colored ribbon in half.
- Cut out heart with white cardstock.
Step 2: Peacock
- Cover front of peacock card with aquamarine colored glitter glue.
- Place beak and the two small black beads (eyes) on head of peacock.
- Cover heart cutout with aquamarine colored glitter glue. (Let it dry.)
Step 3: Tail/Ribbon
- Cut approx 20 peacock feathers, 10 short and 10 long.
- Glue shorter feathers on the back of card.
- Glue longer feathers overlapping shorter feathers.
- Glue one piece of ribbon to the back bottom edge of card at center.
- Glue one piece of ribbon to the inside front bottom edge of card at center.
- Tie ribbon pieces together to close card.
- Glue glitter heart on back of card covering ends of feathers.
- You can replace glitter glue for color cardstock.
- Glue guns are very hot! Please have an adult use the hot glue gun.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.
• Fishy Fish Valentine's Day Card
• Love Bug Valentine's Day Card
• Heart Lollipop Valentine's Day Card
• Dragonfly Valentine's Day Card
• Butterfly Kisses Valentine Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance