Inspired by Harry Potter, to Bring Magic to Your Homework
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Help a young wizard or Harry Potter fan to become a homework whiz kid with this pencil wand craft. This back to school craft will magically transform ordinary pencils into something special.
What you'll need:
- Black, brown, or any colored pencil
- Double stick tape, optional
- Black paint and paintbrush, optional
- Gold star garland, feathers, or other decorations
- Wire cutters
- Clear tape, optional
How to make it:
- If your pencil is not the color desired, paint it and let it dry.
- Optional: Cut off a piece of double stick tape long enough to wrap around the metal part of the pencil eraser. Wrap around metal piece.
- According to books, wands can vary quite a bit from wizard to wizard. You can decide how you want your wand to look. Create several making each one unique!
- Gold or Silver Stars: Take the gold star garland and start wrapping around the pencil, pressing as you wrap to adhere it to the tape. When you reach the end of the tape, cut the wire, and tuck end inside under previously placed garland.
- Feathers: Place one or more feathers, with ends on tape and feathers above eraser. When finished, top with a piece of regular clear tape to seal the double stick tape.
- Now you have a wand!