Penguin Finger Puppet
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Make a bunch of these and you can have a puppet show with your friends! When you are done, set them on the shelf for another day.
What you'll need:
- 4”x4” square of black construction paper
- Scrap of orange construction paper
- 2 small wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Use the pattern to cut the head and puppet body from the black square.
- Place your pointing finger onto the white construction paper and trace around it. Cut it out the finger shape with the scissors and place it in the middle of the black square for the penguin’s stomach. If it’s too long, trim the bottom before gluing in place.
- Cut a small triangle from the orange construction paper, round the top of the beak if you like. Glue the beak, point facing down, to the face.
- Glue two wiggle eyes above the beak. Let the glue dry for about 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully wrap the sides of the penguin loosely around your finger. Have someone help you tape it together in the back.
- Wiggle eyes can be purchased in packages of one size or variety packs that contain miniature eyes all the way up to extra large eyes.
- Keep extra construction paper scraps out of landfills, fill a plastic zipper storage bag instead and save for future projects.
- While school glue works great if you don’t have any white craft glue.