Penguin Pals Ornaments
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
These chilly little penguin pal ornaments are the perfect pair to dress up your holiday tree. Make several, one for each member of your family!
What you'll need:
- 2” wood circle
- 8” piece of yarn
- Acrylic paints: white, black, orange
- Scraps of felt
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint circle white and let dry.
- Paint a border around the outside of the circle with black paint. It will look like a letter “C” if turned sideways (see image).
- Use the handle end of a paintbrush dipped in black paint to dot on two eyes.
- Use a toothpick dipped in orange paint to draw on a triangle for a beak. Let dry completely (see image).
- Cut a bowtie (or a hair bow for a girl penguin) out of some scrap felt and glue to the penguin.
- Loop yarn by folding in half and gluing both ends to the back of the wood circle.
- To protect this project for years to come, spray the painted circle with acrylic sealer spray before adding the felt bow.
- Instead of felt, you can use a piece of festive ribbon tied in a bow.
- Wood circles are available at craft supply stores.