Personalized Beach Towel
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Kids can make this fun and funky personalized beach towel for their summer's trips to the beach and pool!
What you'll need:
- Beach towel
- Ocean themed foam stamps
- Fabric paint, or acrylic paint plus textile medium
- Large paintbrush
How to make it:
- If you are not using fabric paint, mix together 2 parts acrylic craft paint and 1 part textile medium.
- Wash and dry the towel, do not use fabric softener. Place cardboard underneath the towel to catch any seepage.
- Use foam stamps to decorate towel with fish, shells, and starfish. (See photo.)
- If the paint is not very prominent, use a paintbrush, using a dabbing motion, to add more paint to the design. (See photo.)
- To make the water, use a dabbing motion with a large stiff bristled brush.
- To write your name, use a stiff bristled brush.
- Allow to dry completely before using.
- If you like this project, you'll love our fun Beach Tote Bag.
- Foam stamps are available at craft supply stores.
- Textile medium can be purchased at craft supply stores.