Personalized License Plate
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids will have fun crafting an instant souvenir with this personalized license plate.
What you'll need:
- 1/4" craft foam sheets in a variety of colors
- Assorted decorative buttons
- Die cut letters for each child's name
- Tacky glue
- Hole punch (or scissors)
How to make it:
- Cut license plate, license plate rim, and letters of children's name out of contrasting colors of foam.
- Let the kids assemble the frame, glue the letters of their name in the center and cover with decorative buttons.
- Be sure to attach a piece at the bottom and on top of the rim with your states name on it.
- Punch two holes in the license plate along the top, near the ends.
- String yarn from one end to the other so license plate may be worn as a necklace during "Red Light, Green Light".
Children can either wear it around their neck and play the game "Red Light, Green Light", or hang it on a race car they can make.
Reader's Note: I found that the Coluzzle Alphabet Stencils work great for this project. I placed the protective pad on the table, placed a piece of craft foam on top, then positioned the stencil. I used the Coluzzle cutter and cut the letters needed. The cutter does not go all the way through the craft foam, but does cut deep enough that you can punch the letters out! Make sure you use the thinnest piece of craft foam you can find.