Personalized memo pads
Parental supervision is recommended
A great gift for mom, dad, or teacher this Personalized memo pad craft is too cool for just school!
What you'll need:
- Graphics software
- Color printer (black and white printer works as well)
- Scanner, digital camera, or other means to import a design into graphics software
- Markers, optional
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Tulip Glitter Paint
- Paint brush
- Wax paper
- Heavy book(s)
- 3-5 Hole punch, optional
- Prong paper fasteners (2 3/4" centers between prongs), optional
How to make it:
- Design the memo pad using either markers or a graphics software program.
- If using hand drawn designs, import the graphics using a scanner, camera, or other means.
- Size the graphics to fit the paper. For example, you could put 2 to 6 graphics on a piece of paper, depending on the finished size you desire.
- Print out multiple copies of the designs. (We generally print out a total of 100 cut sheets.)
- Be sure to let each page dry before handling.
- Use a ruler to determine the size of the pad.
- Cut a piece of cardboard the size of the pad to use as the base of the pad.
- Use a paper cutter, or scissors, to cut the memo sheets to size.
- Stack all the memo sheets facing the same direction.
- Hold the tablet at the top, tapping on the table to get all the sheets to align correctly.
- Choose one of the two options for binding your memo pads:
- Tear a piece of wax paper larger than the tablets. Place on working surface.
- Place sheets on top of the cardboard that has been cut to size.
- Make certain the sheets are even on the top end. Place a heavy book(s) on top of the tablet leaving about 1/2" or less of the top end of the sheets exposed.
- Using a paintbrush, paint the glitter paint along the exposed end. Be sure to coat liberally.
- Let dry overnight.
- Remove book and trim excess glitter paint off if necessary.
Prong Paper Fastener Bound:
- Check the settings on the hole punch. The holes may need to be adjusted. Experiment on scrap paper to be sure holes align with the paper fasteners.
- Hole punch the cardboard on the "top end".
- Hole punch a few sheets at a time, making sure to align the top edges before punching.
- Lay the "prong" section on the table.
- Place the cardboard onto the prongs.
- Place sheets on top of the cardboard.
- Place the "compressors" on top of the prongs. Bend the prongs to the center and slide the holders over the prongs.
Wrap your present and enjoy the pleasure of giving a gift from the heart!