Parental supervision is recommended
Come Christmastime, don't leave your pets out in the cold - craft a stocking for them! Including a pet in the family celebrations is a fun way for kids to participate in the holiday spirit.
What you'll need:
- 2 rectangles of green felt
- Red yarn
- Glitter paint (squeeze bottle)
How to make it:
- Draw a stocking on a piece of paper. Cut out.
- Cut two stockings out of felt.
- Match up the felt stockings so they are even.
- Cut a piece of yarn, thread it on the needle and tie a knot on one end .
- Sew around the stocking, leaving the top open. Stitch with a running stitch, a blanket stitch, or any type of stitch you prefer.
- Be sure to knot the end of the yarn when you get to the end . Repeat above steps until you have the whole stocking stitched.
- Cut a shorter piece of yarn, thread it on the needle and tie a knot on one end.
- Put your needle through the felt at the top of the back of the stocking and bring it back through. Do NOT pull tight. This will make a loop once you knot it. Now you will be able to hang the stocking. (See photo)
- Write your pet's name in glitter paint on the stocking. Let dry.
- Make your pet some goodies or buy some presents to fill the stocking with.
- Hang your pet's stocking next to yours!
See our Gifts for your Pet area for dog bone treats, collars, customized bowls and more!