Photo Ornament Balls
Parental supervision is recommended
The magic is in the "paper" you print the photo on.
What you'll need:
- Clear glass ball ornament (10 1/4" circumference )
- Transparency sheets for inkjet printers
- Inkjet printer
- Scanner, digital camera, or other means to import a photo into graphics software
- Fiskars circle cutter (or pen, compass, and scissors)
- Protective mat for circle cutter
- Decorative ribbon
How to make it:
- Edit your photo, size it to about a 3 1/4" size. Note: If your graphics software will allow this, add the child's name and date below his/her picture.
- Print on transparency paper using best setting. Note: You may want to print several on one transparency as it took several tries to get the photo sized to float just right inside the ball. Be sure to have your hands clean and free of lotions as they will make fingerprints on the transparency.
- Let the transparency dry completely.
- I cut about a 3 1/4" circle using the Fiskars Circle Cutter. The glass ball ornament that we used was about 10 1/4" in circumference. The formula I used to come up with this size was this:
10.25 inches (measured around the ball) divided by 3.14 = 3.26 inches (the size of circle to cut).
- Tightly wrap the circle around a pen and insert into the inside of the ornament.
- Use a pair of tweezers to position the picture in place. If your picture doesnít sit in place, you will need to pull this picture out with tweezers and cut another circle just a little bit larger.
- Once you determine the correct size for your first ornament, any other ornaments will be easier to create.
- Recap the ornament and then tie a decorative ribbon at the top.