Parental supervision is recommended
Keep your nick nacks in a single spot and celebrate Pikachu all at once with a Pikachu canister. These are great for around the house, or as birthday party favors. It works with a Pokemon theme, too.
What you'll need:
- 8 quart Kool-Aid plastic canister
- 10 mm wiggle eyes
- Tacky glue or hot glue gun
- Yellow craft foam
- Red craft foam
- Black permanent marker
- Yellow craft paint
- Sanding block or sandpaper
- Printable pattern (see below)
How to make it:
Print pattern below for Pikachu:
- Sand the canister and lid to give the exterior a rough finish. This will help the paint adhere.
- Paint the lid and canister with yellow craft paint. Let dry.
- Repeat with as many coats of yellow paint as you need to get an even look. Let dry between each coat.
- Cut out the pattern pieces.
- Trace the pattern pieces onto the craft foam. Cut out the foam pieces.
- You can use tacky glue or hot glue to adhere the foam pieces to the Pikachu. Hot glue will set up faster, but be very careful as the glue gets very hot!
- Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Using the marker, draw on the nose and mouth.
- Using the marker, color in the top of the ears and the back of the tail near the body.
- Use the Pikachu to decorate your room or as a birthday party decoration!
Get more craft ideas in our Pokemon Crafts section.