Parental supervision is recommended
The ultimate Pokemon fan will want to keep cool in the summertime with this recycled cardboard Pikachu fan for kids.
What you'll need:
- Corrugated cardboard (recycle a box)
- Scrap paper
- Construction paper (in desired colors)
- Glue or tacky glue
- Popsicle stick (regular or wide)
- Markers, as needed
- Wiggle eyes, if desired
How to make it:
- Draw your pattern up on the scrap paper. You may wish to look at some pictures of your favorite characters while you draw the pattern.
Note: For Digimon patterns, see the tips area below.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Trace around the pattern on construction paper and on the cardboard. Cut out.
Note: You may wish to make this pattern double sided, if so, double all your cut-outs.
- Glue the construction paper to the cardboard.
- Create the features for the character on the appropriate colored construction paper and cut out.
- Glue the features on to the construction paper.
- Put some glue on the end of the Popsicle stick.
- Push the Popsicle stick into the inside of the cardboard.
- Put a small amount of glue around the stick where it comes out of the cardboard to give it extra "hold".
- Let dry.
- Have fun keeping your cool!
Get more craft ideas in our Pokemon Crafts section.