Parental supervision is recommended
Fold your way to Pokemon happiness with this Pikachu origami craft. Great as decorations or as gift cards.
What you'll need:
- 8 1/2 x 11" white or yellow paper
- Yellow marker (if not using yellow paper)
- Black marker
- Red marker
How to make it:
- Make a fold lengthwise in an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper (or similar proportions).
- Then fold both long sides in to the middle. You're working on Pikachu's back now.
- Fold down about an inch and a half - the measurement is important or the next part won't work properly. This is starting to make the backs of his ears.
- Put your finger inside the part just folded and pull it out to the side to make triangles at the side as shown. If the measurement wasn't right, you have paper showing underneath.
- Put your finger inside each triangle and pull it across towards the middle and up, to make squares with the folds showing.
- Fold into the squares to meet the diagonal center fold as shown.
- Pull the middle of the part just folded out and up to make an ear at right angles to the page. Fold the ear upwards so it is flat.
- Make a fold in the top third of the back and fold up an inch - this separates Pikachu's face from his body.
- Fold in small triangles at the bottom right and left.
- Fold up the bottom a half inch.
- Turn Pikachu over and decorate his face. Color him if you used white paper.
Get more Pikachu and Pokemon ideas in our Pokemon Crafts section.