Pikachu origami version 2
Parental supervision is recommended
Get more of everyone's fave Pokemon character with our Pikachu origami craft, version 2.
What you'll need:
- 8 1/2 x 11" White or yellow paper
- Yellow marker (if not using yellow paper)
- Black marker
- Red marker
How to make it:
- Make a fold lengthwise in an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper (or similar proportions).
- Then fold both long sides in to the middle. You're working on Pikachu's back now.
- Fold down about an inch and a half - the measurement is important or the next part won't work properly. This is starting to make the backs of his ears.
- Put your finger inside the part just folded and pull it out to the side to make triangles at the side as shown. If the measurement wasn't right, you have paper showing underneath.
- Put your finger inside each triangle and pull it across towards the middle and up, to make squares with the folds showing.
- Fold into the squares to meet the diagonal center fold as shown.
- Pull the middle of the part just folded out and up to make an ear at right angles to the page. Fold the ear upwards so it is flat.
- Make a fold in the top third of the back and fold up an inch - this separates Pikachu's face from his body.
- To make the paws, just turn Pikachu over (back side up) and cut strips horizontally (contour the body) from the middle of the back, then fold them out as in the main picture.
- Cut to make claws.
- Similarly the folded triangles at the bottom can be unfolded and cut to make legs if you want.
- Turn Pikachu over and decorate his face. Color him if you used white paper.
Kids could experiment with different kinds of carving the body contours.
Be sure to visit all of our Pokemon Crafts.