Pilgrim Clothes for Boy Beanbag Animals
Parental supervision is recommended
Make sure your stuffed toys don't feel left out of the Thanksgiving celebrations by crafting these pilgrim clothes for boy beanbag animals.
What you'll need:
- White felt
- Black felt
- Gray felt
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
To make the Pilgrim Boy Beanbag's hat:
- Cut a piece of black felt two-inches wide by 5 3/4-inches long. (hat)
- Cut a piece of black felt 1 3/4-inches wide by 3 1/2-inches long. (hat brim)
- Cut two pieces of gray felt 1/2-inch wide by 2 1/2-inches long.
- Cut a piece of gray felt one-inch wide by 1 1/4-inches tall. Cut a rectangle out of the middle. This is the buckle for the hat.
- Starting at the short end of the hat, and about 1/4-inch from the long edge of the hat, glue one long piece of gray felt to the hat.
- At the end of the gray strip, glue the buckle on the hat (next to the edge).
- Glue the next gray strip to the other side of the buckle. (see photo)
- Bend the hat into a circle that will fit on the brim. Glue the short ends of the hat together.
- Glue the hat onto the brim.
- Stuff the hat lightly with scraps of felt to maintain the shape.
- Cut a round piece of felt to fit the top of the hat. Glue it in place.
- Cut a small hole in the bottom of the hat brim to make it sit on the animal's head.
To make the collar:
- Cut a piece of white felt measuring about 3 3/4-inches wide by four-inches long.
- Fold the felt in half from top to bottom (see picture).
- Cut a one-inch by two-inch half circle out of the folded edge (see picture). This may need to be adjusted depending on the beanbag animal you are making it for.
- Cut a V-shape out of the bottom middle of the felt to about 1/2-inch from neckline.
- Cut a slight angle from the bottom edge (about 1/2-inch from side) to about 3/4-inch from the folded edge. Repeat on the other side.
- Unfold and try the collar on your beanbag animal.
- Adjust it to fit.