Pilgrim Stuffed Animal Clothes
Parental supervision is recommended
Make sure your stuffed toys are included in all the Thanksgiving fun with these Pilgrim clothes for girl beanbag animals.
What you'll need:
- White felt
- Tacky glue
- Yarn or ribbon, optional
How to make it:
To make the Pilgrim Girl Bean Bag's Hat:
- Cut a piece of white felt 4" wide x 6" long.
- Fold the felt lengthwise back 1/2" to create the front opening. Glue down and press firmly.
- Measure in 2" along the long side. Cut up from long side towards brim. Make a 1 3/4" straight cut.
- Repeat step above, measuring in from other side. This will give 3 cut sections on back of hat.
- Bend, without folding, the hat brim in a half oval.
- Hold brim in place, bend felt middle section down and hold.
- Fold one side over the middle section and glue in place.
- Fold the other side over the other two sections and glue in place.
- Place the hat on a flat surface with the face opening up. Place something like a heavy book on it to hold in place.
- Let dry.
- Optional: On each end, hole cut a small hole in the turned over flap. Tie a piece of yarn or ribbon to each hole.
- Try the hat on your bean bag animal, tie the yarn together in a bow to hold it on their head.
- Optional: cut openings in hat for ears to stick out.
- Cute as can be, and simple to make!
To make the collar:
- Cut a piece of white felt to about 3 3/4" wide x 4" long.
- Fold the felt in half from top to bottom (see picture).
- Cut about a 1" x 2" half circle out of the folded edge (see picture). This may need to be adjusted depending on the bean bag animal you are making it for.
- Cut a V-shape out of the bottom middle of the felt to about 1/2" from neckline.
- Cut a slight angle from the bottom edge (about 1/2" from side) to about 3/4" from the folded edge. Repeat on other side.
- Unfold and try on your bean bag animal.
- Adjust to fit.