Pilgrim Hat for Boy Beanbag Animals
Parental supervision is recommended
Once your stuffed toys are all dressed up for Thanksgiving, this pilgrim hat for boy beanbag animals will complete the ensemble.
What you'll need:
- White felt
- Black felt
- Gray felt
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
To make the Pilgrim Boy Beanbag's Hat:
- Cut an oval out of a piece of 2 1/2-inches by three inch black felt.
- Draw a 1 1/2-inch circle about 1/2-inch from one end of the oval, centering it between the sides.
- Draw the trapezoid, and cut out the gray parts.
- Cut out a band and buckle out of gray paper.
- Glue the hat band on the hat and then the buckle on top of the band.
- Bend the hat piece up and fit it to the beanbag animal.
- You may need to adjust the opening to fit the individual beanbag animal's head.
To make the collar:>
- Cut a piece of white felt to about 3 3/4-inches by wide four inches long.
- Fold the felt in half from the top to the bottom (see picture).
- Cut a one-inch by two-inch half circle out of the folded edge (see picture). This may need to be adjusted depending on the beanbag animal you are making it for.
- Cut a V-shape out of the bottom middle of the felt to about 1/2-inch from the neckline.
- Cut a slight angle from the bottom edge (about 1/2-inch from the side) to about 3/4-inch from the folded edge. Repeat on the other side.
- Unfold the collar and try it on your beanbag animal.
- Adjust to fit.