This has been the most POPULAR gift item I have ever made! Young children, teens, and even adults enjoy these pillowcases! An easy sewing project for a beginning sewer.
Parental supervision is recommended.
What you'll need:
- 1 yard of Holiday fabric (42" to 45" wide)
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread (match to background color)
- Measuring tape
- Straight pins
How to make it:
- Match selvages together, right sides together. Pin sides and one end.
- Sew, using 5/8" seam allowance, one end of the pillowcase closed.
- Sew up the selvage end. Be sure to backtack all beginning and ending seams.
- Fold over the open end 1/4" from the top (wrong sides together). Sew along this edge.
- Fold over 3" from the top (again to the wrong sides). Sew along this edge.
- Turn pillowcase right side out.
- Press with iron.
Watch the sales at your local fabric store. The sales on holiday fabrics seem to appear about 3 weeks before the holiday. If you wait until after the holiday, you can get even better prices!