Pine Cone Doorknob Decorations
Parental supervision is recommended
When decorating your home for Christmas, don't forget the doorknobs! This pine cone doorknob decoration makes a simple craft that can bring a touch of seasonal cheer to doors everywhere.
What you'll need:
- 1 Large pine cone
- Gold spray paint
- Braid (in the notions department)
- Pieces of artificial pine
- Miscellaneous tiny ornaments or a "pic" or "spray" of ornaments (floral department)
- Tacky glue or hot glue
How to make it:
- I bought some huge pine cones from the crafts store and sprayed with gold paint. An option would be to frost them with that white snow that people spray on trees.
- I bought some pretty braid and glued it on the back to form a loop.
- I glued a few pieces of artificial pine on the top and an ornament spray that I'd bought.
- Hang on a doorknob, or give as a gift.
- All of these pieces were inexpensive (kids might find odds and ends that they could use in a mother's craft leftovers) and the result is attractive. I made a bunch of these as gifts one year and kept two for myself. If you can't find the huge cones you can make a scaled down version, which is also nice.