Pine Cone Ornament
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Give kids a fun and simple activity to do with this pine cone ornament. This makes a great seasonal craft for fall and winter holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Also makes a great nature craft for Earth Day.
What you'll need:
- Shatter-resistant plastic shaped ornament
- Gold craft paint
- Paint brush
- Place to hang ornament to dry
- Bag twist tie
How to make it:
- First plan a place to hang the ornament to dry. A kitchen or workshop cabinet handle works great.
- Place newspaper below area where ornament is going to hang. This is to catch any paint drippings and glitter, if any.
- Take the bag twist tie, bend in half. Loop over cabinet handle to be ready to hold the ornament.
- Paint the ornament with the gold paint.
- Hold the ornament over the newspaper and sprinkle with glitter.
- Hang the ornament to the handle using the bag twist tie to hold it in place.
- Let it dry overnight.
- Throw away the newspaper and hang your ornament on the tree.