Pinecone Turkey Thanksgiving Craft
Parental supervision is recommended
A pleasant nature walk is all you need to gather supplies for this pinecone turkey figure. Thanksgiving is the perfect time for this craft that's fun for kids to create and makes a great place setting idea.
What you'll need:
- Acorn or elongated small nut
- Two (10 mm) wiggle eyes
- Low temp glue gun or tacky glue
- Red chenille stem
- Orange chenille stem
- Wire cutters
- Bird feathers
- Slice of dead tree branch or other piece of wood for base (about 1/2 inch thick and three inches across)
- Gold spray paint
How to make it:
- Lightly spray the pinecone with gold spray paint. Let dry.
- Cut the orange chenille into two (three inch) pieces.
- Fold the first orange chenille stem into half, twist about 1/4 inches from end and open up ends to make the feet.
- Repeat for second orange chenille stem.
- Stick the orange feet in the turkey a little less than halfway from the largest end. Glue in place (See photo).
- Glue turkey body (pinecone) with feet down to the piece of wood.
- Glue the acorn to the smallest end of the pine cone.
- Glue feathers in the pinecone closest to the largest end (see photo for placement).
- Glue wiggle eyes on the head (acorn).
- Cut a tiny piece of red chenille stem to use as the waddle and glue below the eyes.
- Make extras and use them on your Thanksgiving table!