Pine Cone Wreath
Parental supervision is recommended
Keep young crafters busy making a rustic pineccone wreath. This attractive decoration is good for the fall and winter seasons or for holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and makes a great nature craft for Earth Day.
What you'll need:
- Grapevine wreath
- Pine cones
- Hot glue gun
- Wired edged ribbon
How to make it:
- Hot glue the pine cones two to three wide across the grapevine wreath, depending on the size of the wreath and your preferences. Be sure to put plenty of glue on the bottom of the pine cone to give it enough stability.
- Let the wreath sit and dry for awhile.
- Add the wired edged ribbon in and around the wreath. Tie a piece in a bow and add to the wreath by either tying on or hot gluing it on the wreath.
- Be sure to hang with a heavy duty hanger as this wreath will be heavy!
- The pine cones could be spray painted prior to gluing.
- Orange and black pine cones with added trinkets or ribbon would make a great Halloween wreath.
- Silver and gold pine cones with added trinkets or holiday ribbon would be perfect for a Christmas or winter wreath.
- This project will take a lot of glue sticks. As a note, it's best to work with clear glue sticks so that the glue does not show. Use a heavy duty glue if possible.