Kids' Pirate Costume
By: Mia Cronan
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Arrrgh, matey. This kids' pirate costume is a treasure of an outfit sure to please your neighborhood goblins.
Be sure to visit our main Halloween page for more spooky fun including more Halloween crafts, boo-tiful kids' Halloween costumes, ghoulish Halloween printables and creepy Halloween recipes and treats!
What you'll need:
- Black make-up, or a black eye patch
- Bandana, preferably red
- Puffy white shirt
- Dark vest
- Dark sash or long belt
- Old dark pants that can be shredded at the cuffs
- Dark boots
- Large gold tone hoop earring
How to make it:
- Using scissors cut the bottom of the pant legs in a up and down zigzag. Shred the cuffs of the pants to create a worn shoddy look.
- Wear the vest over the puffy white shirt, and tie the sash around the waist.
- Place the bandana around the top of the head and tie on the side. Wear the earring on the ear not covered by the bandana. Find a clip-on if your child does not have his/her ear pierced.
- For safety, we felt that using black make-up over the eye is better for the child’s vision during trick-or-treating.
- If you’re feeling extra crafty, you might try your hand at making a hook, using a dark glove, a wire coat hanger, and some tin foil. You can bend the hanger into the shape of a hook, cover it with foil, and then hold it in the glove. It is safe and easy, but possibly difficult to carry while trick-or-treating.
- For added fun, if you feel like carrying a sword (also difficult during trick-or-treating), you can cut one from cardboard, then cover with tin foil.
Mia Cronan is a craft freelancer and mother of five based in Ohio.