Plastic Canister Poliwhirl Figure
Parental supervision is recommended
Add a Pokemon accent to a kid's room with this plastic canister Poliwhirl figure. You can also use this craft to introduce the idea of recycling household materials.
What you'll need:
- 8 quart Kool-Aid plastic canister
- 15 mm wiggle eyes
- Tacky glue or hot glue gun
- Navy blue craft foam or felt
- White craft foam or felt
- Black permanent marker
- Navy blue craft paint
- White craft paint
- Sanding block or sandpaper
- Printable pattern (see below)
How to make it:
Print pattern below for Poliwhirl:
- Sand the canister and lid to give the exterior a rough finish. This will help the paint adhere.
- Paint the lid and canister with navy blue craft paint. (Leave a circular section for the stomach without paint.) Let dry.
- Repeat with as many coats of navy blue paint as need to get an even look. Let dry between each coat.
- Paint a white circle on the front of the Poliwhirl for the stomach. Let dry.
- Cut out the pattern pieces.
- Trace the pattern pieces on to the craft foam. Cut out the foam pieces.
- You can use tacky glue or hot glue to adhere the foam pieces to the Poliwhirl. Hot glue will set faster, but be very careful as it gets very hot!
- Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Using the marker, draw on the nose and the swirl on the stomach.
- Using the marker, make the "thumb" markings on the white glove.
- Use the Poliwhirl to decorate your room or as a birthday party decoration!
Get more Pokemon ideas in our Pokemon Crafts section.