Plastic Bag Ghost Craft
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
This plastic bag ghost craft will give trick or treaters a fun fright. With a couple of white plastic bags and some other household items, kids can create an unusual Halloween toy that 'flies'.
What you'll need:
- Plain white lid (from a margarine container, for example)
- 3 black construction paper circles for eyes and mouth
- 2 sheer white plastic grocery sacks
- 2 white pipe cleaners
- Scotch tape
- Glue stick
- Black yarn
- Hole punch
How to make it:
- Glue eyes and mouth on front of lid.
- Cut off any writing, graphics and handles from grocery sacks. Lay them on a flat surface. With scissors, shred 2" strips up sacks leaving at least a 1" area intact next to the seam.
- Glue the pipe cleaner/chenille stem into the seam.
- Turn lid over onto a flat surface. Bend and insert the pipe cleaner/seam into the ridge around the bottom half of the lid. Tape to secure in place.
- Repeat with the second sack and pipe cleaner, and insert in the ridge around the upper half of the lid.
- Punch a hole through the top of the lid. Thread a length of yarn through the hole appropriate for hanging.
- Some kids prefer to have a loop on the end of a foot and a half so they can hold on and run with them. They "fly" nicely and appear as though the kids are being "chased" by a little ghost!