Parental supervision is recommended
Bring a smile of seasonal cheer to the faces of your friends by giving them Poinsettia brooches. This also makes a wonderful little Christmas gift for teachers, hairdressers, etc.
What you'll need:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Navy beans
- Safety pins
- Red paint (high gloss is the best)
- Poster board
- White glue (such as Elmer's)
- Hot glue gun, optional
- High gloss Urethane spray paint, optional
How to make it:
- Cut a 2 inch round circle out of poster board.
- Apply glue on the outside edge (about a 1/2 inch wide) of circle and start gluing pumpkin seeds around edges. Let the seeds 1/2 hang over the edge and have the pointed side of the pumpkin seed out.
- Apply more glue and overlap pumpkin seeds over the 1st row.
- Repeat step 3 two more times. This will leave a small circle in the middle of the poster board. Let dry for 20 minutes.
- Paint pumpkin seeds red and let dry.
- Glue navy beans in the center.
- Spray with urethane, if desired.
- Glue a saftey pin on back.
Leave the shell on the pumpkin seeds. I bought roasted shells from a bulk food store.