Parental supervision is recommended
If you or someone you know is a Pokémon fan, this Poliwag figure is a natural. Kids think these plastic Easter egg figures are cool and they make cute place settings at a birthday parties.
What you'll need:
- Purple or Blue plastic Easter egg
- 7 mm Wiggle eyes
- Tacky glue or hot glue gun
- Purple or blue craft foam or felt
- Peach or pink craft foam or felt
- Black permanent marker
- White craft paint
- Printable pattern (see below)
- Weight, optional
How to make it:
Print pattern below for Poliwag:
- Paint a circle with white craft paint. Let dry.
- Repeat with as many coats of white paint as need to get an even look. Let dry between each coat.
- Cut out the pattern pieces.
- Trace the pattern pieces on to the craft foam. Cut out the foam pieces.
- Cut a tiny oval out of the peach or pink craft foam for the mouth.
- Draw the markings on the tail (see photo).
- You can use tacky glue or hot glue to adhere the foam pieces to the Poliwag. Hot glue will set up faster, but be very careful as the glue gets very hot!
- Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Using the marker, draw on the mouth on the pink piece of craft foam. Draw the swirl on the stomach.
- If desired, add some candies to the inside of the Poliwag.
If your Poliwag tends to roll over, you may need to add some weight to the inside. You can place marbles, pebbles, or some other type of weight to help keep him upright.