Festive Polka Dot Ornaments
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
These are so easy to make you will be amazed. Grab some glass ball ornaments and some paint and decorate these pretty and festive tree accents!
What you'll need:
- Glass ball ornaments
- Red and green acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- empty egg carton
How to make it:
- Turn the empty egg carton upside down. This will serve as your stand as you decorate.
- Place ornament upside down on egg carton, resting it between egg cups.
- Using the handle end of a paint brush, dip the end of the handle into paint then dot onto the ornament. You will need to re-dip after each dot.
- Dot all around the ornament and let dry completely.
- Once dry, tie a piece of ribbon through the hanger hook on the ornament.
- You can use clear glass ornaments for this easy project, or if you prefer, use frosted or colored bulbs, adjusting the paint color accordingly.
- Glass ornaments are available in abundance at most stores that carry holiday decorations. You may even have some packed away in your Christmas boxes!
- Change the size of the polka dots by using different sized paint brushes.