Pom-Pom Christmas Tree
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
This Christmas tree gets its soft and fuzzy look thanks to a few handfuls of pom-poms. The fun comes from not having a pattern – kids are free to place pom-poms of different sizes and colors wherever they want!
What you'll need:
- 5-inch square piece of green craft foam
- White craft glue
- Medium and small green pom-poms
- Colorful miniature pom-poms
- 1 small glittery white pom-pom
- 2 small brown pom-poms
How to make it:
- Cut a simple Christmas tree shaped triangle from green craft foam and cover it in white craft glue. (See photo.)
- Cover foam with small and medium green pom-poms. Start with the medium pom-poms first, filling in the gaps with the smaller ones. (See photo.)
- Dot glue on top of the green pom-poms where you want the lights to be. Add miniature colorful pom-poms to the glue spots. (See photo.)
- Glue glittery pom-pom to the top of the tree and two brown pom-poms to the bottom for the trunk. Let dry.
- Pom-poms are available in a variety of sizes and colors from discount department stores and craft supply stores.
- Cardboard can be used in place of the green craft foam.
- Watch for seasonal sales at the craft store. Many stores stock holiday themed supplies, such as pom-poms, and sell them at a considerable discount days after the holidays.