Pom-Pom Pumpkin Patch
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
These cute little guys are ripe for the pickin'! Make this cute little pumpkin patch to celebrate the coming of fall. This also makes a fabulous Halloween craft idea.
Be sure to visit all of our other ghostly crafts, scary printables, fabulous costume ideas and these spook-tackular Halloween recipes! As well, explore our fall crafts, our great fall recipes and printable activities.
What you'll need:
- 5 medium orange pom-poms
- 10 small wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
- ½ skinny brown chenille stem
- ½ sheet green felt
- ½ sheet dark green felt
- ½ sheet brown felt
- 1 skinny green chenille stem
- Wooden skewer
How to make it:
- Glue two wiggle eyes to each orange pom-pom. (See photo.)
- Cut brown chenille stem into ½" pieces for stems. Glue a stem to the top of each orange pom-pom. (See photo.)
- Pipe two lines of glue onto the green felt for the pumpkin rows. Cut two thin strips of brown felt and press them onto the glue. (See photo.)
- From dark green felt, cut simple leaves shaped like footballs. Use glue to draw dashes where you want to place the leaves and press leaves in place. (See photo.)
- Glue the orange pom-poms to various spots on the brown felt rSee photoows.
- Wrap the green chenille stem around the skewer. Pull the skewer out and stretch the chenille out gently to make it longer. Cut curled chenille into several pieces. Glue the curled chenille to the rows near the pumpkins as the vines. (See photo.)
- For younger children, use large pom-poms and larger wiggle eyes as they are easier to manipulate.
- Pom-poms are available in a wide variety of colors and sizes from discount department stores and craft supply stores.
- If you like, glue your pumpkin patch to a piece of cardboard for a sturdier base.