Pom-Pom Tie Guy
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 & up
Make these really easy and super cute fluffy guys in a tie for your dad to display proudly on his desk or toolbox! It makes a great Father's Day gift.
What you'll need:
- 2 medium foam hearts (about 1”-1.5”)
- 1 medium foam circle
- 1 large pom-pom
- 1 miniature pom-pom
- 5” x 1” piece of felt
- 2 wiggle eyes
- 5” x ½” piece of cardstock or construction paper
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Place the two foam hearts on the table next to each other so that the points are almost touching. Put some glue on the point of each heart and glue the foam circle over both heart points. The hearts will be the feet and the circle is your body's base. (See photo.)
- Glue the pom-pom to the circle. (See photo.)
- Cut out a simple necktie from the felt and glue it to the pom-pom, just in between the two hearts (feet). (See photo.)
- Glue on two wiggle eyes and the miniature pom-pom for the nose.
- Write a message on the cardstock strip; be sure to leave a blank space where you will glue it under your “tie guy”. Now glue the message banner to the bottom of the foam circle and let everything dry. (See photo.)
- Personalize your message banner with Dad's name or his work title, or simply put “World's Greatest Dad” or “My Dad Rocks”.
- If your dad is a sports fan, use his favorite team's colors for the feet and pom-pom.
- Add a magnet to the bottom and this will stick nicely to a file cabinet or toolbox!