Pony Bead Camp Bracelet
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
This fun project is great for almost any age. Working with beads is fun and this method is very easy.
What you'll need:
- White yarn
- White craft glue
- Colorful pony beads
- Alphabet beads
How to make it:
- Hold the end of the yarn in the fingers of your left hand, and grab the remaining yarn with your right hand. Stretch the yarn out the full length of your outstretched arms. This is the length that you will need for your bracelet.
- Put the two cut ends of the yarn together then tie a knot in the looped end. (See photo.) Tape the looped end to the table to keep it still while you work.
- Before adding any beads, put a little bit of white craft glue on the ends of the yarn and twist it in your fingers. Let the glue dry for a couple of minutes. This will make it easier to thread the beads on. (See photo.)
- With the yarn in front of you, separate the two strands, one on the left, and the other on the right. Thread two beads onto the left strand. (See photo.)
- Thread the right strand through those same beads. Now you should have two beads with a yarn strand coming out both sides. (See photo.)
- Pull both ends of the yarn, raising the beads up to the knot. (See photo.)
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have about half the length you want. Add the alphabet beads to spell out "CAMP" to letters at a time. (See photo.)
- After adding alphabet beads, continue adding pony beads until you have enough for the length you want. (See photo.)
- Tie the ends together.
- Pony beads can be purchased in individual colors or multi color packs.
- Look for alphabet beads near the pony beads.
- Instead of "CAMP", you can personalize your bracelet by spelling out your name.