Pony Bead Chili Peppers
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Get your little ones involved with this fun pony bead craft. Make cute little chili peppers with simple materials. This craft is easy enough for the younger set. Great for Cinco de Mayo.
What you'll need:
- Red chenille stem
- Green chenille stem
- Red pony beads
How to make it:
- Cut about 3” off of the red chenille stem, set the cut piece aside for another craft project.
- Thread one red pony bead onto the longer piece of red chenille.
- Position the bead in the middle of the chenille and twist once or twice to keep it in place.
- Thread 7 red beads on each side of the chenille stem.
- Cut green chenille into 3 equal pieces.
- Use one of the green chenille pieces for the stem. Fold it in half and with open ends pointing up, line up with the red chenille. Twist all together at the top of the beads. Trim the excess red and wrap some of the green around what’s left to hide the red.
- Bend the remaining green chenille into two stems.
- To make this craft even simpler, use green chenille only and don’t trim any off. This will eliminate having to combine the two colors at the end.
- Make a bunch of these chili peppers and attach to a string for a chili pepper garland.
- Pony beads are inexpensive and can be purchased in bulk bags containing many different colors.