Pony Bead Jesus Fish
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
If you are looking for a fun and easy craft to make during Sunday school or VBS, this Jesus fish made from pony beads is the perfect project for all ages.
Be sure to check out all of our Christian crafts for church, Sunday school, or Vacation Bible School.
What you'll need:
- 41 light blue pony beads
- 1 light blue or white chenille stem
- Alphabet beads to spell J-E-S-U-S
- 12” of string
- Suction cup hanger
How to make it:
- Bend chenille stem in half, the nose of the fish is where the bend is located.
- Thread one bead on and position it at the bend.
- Twist the chenille to secure the bead in place.
- Thread 15 beads onto one end of the chenille and 15 on to the other end.
- Put the two ends of chenille together, making sure the beads are snug up to one another, and twist to create the tail.
- Thread 5 beads on each end for the tail and bend the remaining ends of the chenille over so that the beads do not fall off.
- Thread alphabet beads onto string to spell out “Jesus”.
- Lay fish and Jesus beads onto table and position the alphabet beads in the center of the fish.
- Once the beads are centered, wrap the ends of the string around the chenille 2-3 times between two pony beads to secure at each end.
- Bring the open ends of string together and tie in a knot.
- Wiggle the hook of the suction cup hanger through the knot and hang on a window.
- For really small children you can skip the steps where you add the alphabet beads to the fish.
- Any color beads can be used; we used blue to symbolize water.
- Pony beads can be purchased in a variety of colors, in combo bags and individual color bags from your local discount department or craft supply store.