Popsicle Stick Star Ornament
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
You can help kids celebrate the Christmas spirit by crafting this Popsicle stick star ornament. Glow-in-the-dark paint makes for illuminating results.
What you'll need:
- 10 Popsicle sticks, coloured or plain
- Hot glue gun or ordinary glue
- Length of fishing line
- Paint or textas (felt tip pens), glitter, etc.
How to make it:
- Draw up a template of a star using craft sticks.
- Place one stick inside one line then add some glue to the top. Position second stick on this.
- Continue step 2 until all 10 sticks are in place.
- Attach some fishing line to one point for hanging.
- Decorate as desired. Using the colors old, red and green make for a great Christmas star. Try different colors for theme parties, or use glow-in-the-dark paint for a magical bedroom at night.
There is no limit to the variations with these stars. We trimmed one with apricot lace and hung a small baby doll with fishing line to make the baby appear to fly. It's also a great kids gift for a new baby.
Use glow-in-the-dark paint, or try wrapping the star ends in thin, black netting. Make a star on the end of a fairy wand using pink netting.