Portable Planetarium Activity
By: Tania Cowling
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Children will enjoy crawling into their "portable planetarium," lying on their backs, and viewing these fun star formations (with the help of a flashlight).
What you'll need:
- Star stickers
- Black poster board
- Card table (or any table your child can crawl under will do)
- A large cloth (big enough to cover the table and hang to the ground)
How to make it:
- As you research the constellations, help your children attach sticker stars in the patterns of their favorite constellations to a sheet of black poster board.
- Attach the poster to the underside of a card table.
- Darken the "sky" by draping a large cloth over the card table.