Lucky Pot of Gold
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up.
Parental supervision is recommended
Are you lucky enough to catch the leprechaun and gain his pot of gold? If he has outsmarted you again, go ahead and make one of your own!
Be sure to visit our main St. Patrick's Day page for additional St. Patty's crafts, recipes, printables, and coloring pages. Take our quiz, What’s Your St. Patrick’s Day IQ?, to test your knowledge on all things Irish!
What you'll need:
- 2” wooden circle
- 1 each black and gold chenille stem
- 5 medium gold glitter pom poms
- 8 green sequins
- Black acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- White craft glue or hot glue gun
- Magnet or pin back
How to make it:
- Paint the wooden circle black.
- Cut both the black and gold chenille stems in half, save the halves for another project.
- Twist your trimmed-down black and gold chenille stems together to form the pot handle.
- Glue the ends of the chenille stem to the back of the wooden circle.
- Glue the pom poms to the top portion of the black circle so that they hide the top of the circle.
- Glue the green sequins under the gold pom poms for the pot band.
- Glue magnet or pin back to the back of you project.
- Sequins are available in the sewing section of most discount department stores and craft supply stores.
- This project can be completely with white glue, however the use of a glue gun does speed up the process when adding the handle and the gold pom poms.
- If you don’t have sequins, try green beads or use a green chenille stem.