By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Give your mom this lovely and fragrant sachet to keep in her car, desk drawer, or lingerie drawer.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 sheet of felt, any color
- Fabric to match felt color, at least 4 times the length of the felt
- Hot glue gun
- Ribbon (we used 3 different kinds, 8” long)
- Handful of scented potpourri
How to make it:
- Cut two squares from the felt (about 4”x4”). (See photo.)
- Place potpourri in the center of one of the felt squares.
- Hot glue the two squares together, creating a “potpourri pillow”. Set aside. (See photo.)
- Fold fabric in half to double it up. Fold it over again, in the same direction so that you have a total of four layers.
- Place the “potpourri pillow” on to the fabric. Adjust it so that you have about a 1” border all the way around.
- Use scissors to trim 3 sides, leave the FOLDED end alone, this will be the bottom of your sachet bag.
- Hot glue the left and right sides together (remember the folded end is the bottom). (See photo.)
- Turn the bag inside out. (See photo.)
- Insert the “potpourri pillow” into the bag. (See photo.)
- Tie ribbon around the top of the open sachet bag. (See photo.)
- Trim the top of the bag if there are any stray strings from your fabric.
- Include a small spray bottle of potpourri fragrance with your gift so that when the potpourri begins to lose its scent, mom can spritz it and give it new life!
- This project can also be sewn, either by hand or machine.
- This is a great project for using up extra fabrics that your mom or grandma may have in their craft room!